 Robotics / 6954
6953  |  6955
Subject:
a couple of new-bot questions from a generally quiet lurker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 05:10:04 GMT

1. What is the value of an Add Subtract differential? I have seen the pic's
that folks have made and followes some of the discussion, but I don't
really grok the value of one of the systems.

2. Is the processor in the RCX 'really' a multitasking processor? I have
read intimations that it is and the NQC codets seem to support it, but is
it really a true multi task or is it something else.

3. I have both the Mindstorms application as well as the ROBOLAB
application and want to know if there is some way to output the compiled
code into something like Motorola S code or something similar. I am asking
in reference to the recently discussed Code Repository, if there's no way
to get code out of these app's then I'll just get better with NQC and the
like

4. last question, could someone point me to an online article on how to
drive Radio Control type servos with the RCX.

Thanks to all

back to the shadows

al