 Robotics / 6757
Re: The Scout brick: smart or dumb? (was: Robotics Discovery Set)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 22:59:49 GMT

Thanks for the corrections. It definitely looks like they have the majority of
"child-type" [1] robot projects pretty well covered, including (almost?) all of
the obvious things you would use the sensors for.

- Robert Munafo                           http://www.mrob.com/
  LEGO: TC+++(8480) SW++ #+ S-- LS++ Hsp M+ A@ LM++ YB64m IC13

In lugnet.robotics, Robert Eddings writes:
TOUCH "reverse" means reverse both motors if touch sensor A or B
TOUCH "waitfor" means do nothing until touch sensor A or B
[TOUCH brake allows you to select how long it waits until braking]
LIGHT "waitfor" means wait for a light change before any action.
LIGHT "brake" means stop motors if there is a light change.

NOTE: A "light change" seems to be a wide value that is activated
between a medium bright room and a fairly dark shade.

[1] What do I mean by "child-type"? I don't know. It's sort of intuitive. Most
the things that non-programmable robotic toys do, I guess. Furby is a recent
exception.