 Robotics / 6727
Re: Is MindStorms suitable for a 14-year old?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 23:27:37 GMT

Dear Tobias,
Use your will power and do NOT buy Mindstorms!  Playing with the RCX
is highly addictive.  You start  with LEGOs, and after awhile only
LEGOs isn't enough, and you're off to the store to buy Technics.  For
awhile this satisfies your cravings, but before long you find yourself
sneaking off to buy the little yellow RCX.  It is cleverly packaged
and marketed as "MindStorms" so that parents will think that it is
somehow good for their child ... but little do they know.  You are
being led into a life of LEGO engineering dependency ... and it isn't
only teens that get hooked.  The addicts range from college students
up through old farts like me.  There are even PhD university professors
from schools as prestigious as M.I.T. and Utrecht University.  None
of us are immune!  Be aware!  Be warned!  Just say NO!

- Nick -

p.s.  In addition to the things I've already said, I hope that you
      realize that using LEGOs and the RCX will result in increase
      brain growth (there is always the danger that too many healthy
      brain cells may cause your head to explode).
- N -

"Tobias Möller" wrote:

I´m asking, because I want to have it, but what if it is too advanced? I´m
not going to use NQC or anything, I´ll use what´s in the package.
Can i still make cool things?

--Tobias