 Robotics / 6272
RE: help me spend some money!
Newsgroups:
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 12:26:10 GMT

Take care,
Carl

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Karen Gold
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 1999 11:33 PM
To: lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: help me spend some money!

Yes, I've seen e-lab in the catalog, and thought of trying to get
one set in
with my other stuff, but the grant was specifically for robotics
(because I
wrote it before elab came out....) and I want enough for a whole class.

My curriculum this year will be totally irrelevant.  This coming
year I will be
teaching biology ( and believe me, this will be the blind leading
the blind!)
This is because we are shifting bio from grades 10 to 9 and
physical science
from 9 to 10, so this year we have nobody who needs phys. sci.
Normally I
teach physical science, which is watered down physics plus watered down
chemistry.  So I'm not sure how to work any of this stuff into
bio, but I have
to use it for something this school year, according to the grant,
so maybe
we'll just have a Play With Lego week, right before Christmas
when the kids are
pretty useless anyway.  Karen

In lugnet.robotics, Ben Erwin writes:
You have to get the latest version of the catalog, or just go to their • website.
Also, if you are planning on doing any data-taking with the RCX • (graphing,
analyzing graphs, etc.) you want to get the "e-lab" sets that are at the • website,
and ROBOLAB 2.

What is your curriculum going to be like?

-Ben