 Robotics / 6265
Re: help me spend some money!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 03:47:24 GMT

Karen Gold writes:
> So I'm not sure how to work any of this stuff into bio, but I have
> to use it for something this school year, according to the grant, so maybe
> we'll just have a Play With Lego week, right before Christmas when the kids are
> pretty useless anyway.  Karen

When I was getting my master's in Electrical and Computer Engineering,
we shared a facility with the Civil and Environmental Engineering.
One of the PhD candidates bought a computer for his laboratory, to
automate long-running environmental experiments.  And this was back in
the days when if you had a computer, you *definitely* had hair on your
chest, and your knuckles scraped on the floor when you walked.

So yeah, you can definitely make the biology connection.  Use a motor
to flip the light switch on a grow light, or turn a water valve.  Use
the light sensor to see how long it takes a plant to grow to a certain
height.

--
-russ nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>  http://russnelson.com
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | Government schools are so