 Robotics / 6289
Re: help me spend some money!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 17:55:32 GMT

OK, You've convinced me.  I'll spend the 25 bucks!

In lugnet.robotics, Dennis Clark writes:
In lugnet.robotics, Ralph Hempel writes:
My curriculum this year will be totally irrelevant.  This coming year I • will
be
teaching biology ( and believe me, this will be the blind leading the
blind!)
[snip]
Bio, did you say bio? Here are some LEGO related bio ideas... • [snip]
By the way, a REALLY interesting and decent read is Prof G.E. Gordons 2 • Volume
[snip]

And THE work that can be used as background material for a BIO based
robotics class is Valentino Braightenberg's "Vehicles".  Its in print
as a paperback for about $15 at Amazon.com.  His writing style is
entertaining and it is very easy to read (at least the first dozen chapters)
Jr. High kids.  You can implement many of the ideas in that book with the
RCX pretty well - as well as investigate emergent behaviours.

have fun,
DLC