 Robotics / 619
Re: gear differential
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 16:29:37 GMT

I would be more interested in a differential made with standard Mindstorms/CyberMaster pieces, if that's possible of course.

Laurentino Martins

At 16:19 18-11-1998 Wednesday , you wrote:
At 17:01 11/18/1998 +0100, Daan van der Weide wrote:
At 11/18/98 04:35 PM  , Ken Hornstein wrote:

Anyone have already tried making a differential gear transmission with • LEGO
pieces?
I'd really like to see it is done...

Lego already has a special "differential" piece.  The Super Car has three
of them.  I think you can even buy it a la carte.

Yes!  You are correct.  I've been playing with my Super Car and found
that this was a very cool thing when I got my car last Christmas.

I'll take a some pix of the underside of the Super Car if you all are
interested on how the differentials are used.

I've built a fairly compact one using only standard gears and pieces. I'm
waiting for my digital camera to put up some photos of it somewhere. Mail
me if you want a sneak preview.

Daan, yes, I would like a sneak preview.
Jim West
NIC Team Lead
MCI Worldcom
Jim.West@mci.com