 Robotics / 6089
Re: LEGO vs. O'Reilly (was Re: RCX 1.5 'paranioa')
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 20:05:19 GMT

Robert Munafo <munafo@gcctechNO.SPAMcom> wrote:
More sophisticated customers tend to place a higher demand (i.e. workload) on
service and technical support. Also, they tend to spread the word that the
system as-supplied is insufficient to do what it was intended.

Really? As a highly knowledgeable (and obviously modest!) computer user, I
_never_ call tech support. And when I ran an ISP several years ago, most of
the calls from people who knew what they were doing were a joy to deal with
compared to the new users, who would call in to say "I called your modem
line to see if the service was working, and instead of answering it just
gave these screeching noises...."

And, although people have been complaining about the poor software TLG
shipped, etc., I don't see many people hounding them to fix it -- or even
expecting them to. Instead, people have hacked up their own solutions.