 Robotics / 5595
Re: With what to Begin?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 11:37:42 GMT

In my humble opinion, I wouldn't touch those expansion packs with a 10 foot
pole.

I have both and when I got them, there was little to no docs on them.  I
figured I would be getting a Sensor in each.

I would say for the 54.00+tax that the expansions cost, get a motor and a few
sensors.  RIS comes with 2 touch and a light.

Plus if you already have a few of the newer motors, just get a bunch of
sensors, I have 4 Touch, 2 Light, 2 Rotation, and a Temp, strangly enought, I
want another RCX, 2 more touch and Rotation sensors.  Same with motors, I
have 5 of the new ones and 10+ of the older, 2 micro and still want more.

As for making 2 robots interactive and indepentant, you would need 2 RCXs.

KGB AgEnT #4 OUT
http://members.xoom.com/rutkas