 Robotics / 5496
Re: Robotic Wheelchair
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 13:35:12 GMT

Most definitely. Since the 25lbs of lead is heavier it was more impressive.
But now that I think about it, they never did show what was in the bag. It
might have been a trick.

-Nick

Kekoa Proudfoot wrote in message ...
rmtmd <rmtmd@concentric.net> wrote:
Watching it climb stairs was impressive, but seeing the chair stand
upright on two of its four wheels while the occupant caught a 25lb sack
of lead, all without the robotic chair even appearing to correct its
balance was amazing.

Hrm.  I wonder if things would have been different if the occupant had
caught a 25 lb sack of feathers?  Probably.

-Kekoa