 Robotics / 5509
Re: Robotic Wheelchair
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 20:45:45 GMT

Just having fun  :)

Thanks for the physics lesson.  This is one of the aspects of robotics that I
like; there are so many aspects that need to be taken into consideration.

BTW for anyone who is in the SF bay area and has access to the Mercury news.
There was a good picture of the wheelchair on page C2.  They didn't mention the
Lead sack though :).

Keep it light -- Phil

Nick Goetz wrote:

It was intended only to be humorous.  Whoops.

But at the same time, I did indeed see the segment as the original post
asked. It was very very impressive to see a "robot" balance and drive around
on only two wheels. I believe the inventor said the reflex of the adjustment
to keep the balance was fast than that of a human. WOW. A most impressive
machine.

-Nick

in message <377D0C04.4A9F995A@augustschell.com>...
Yeah,

Except, I figured this one was going down entirely sarcastic
lines of discussion.  I mean, my sarcasm meter was pegging off the
scale on these posts.

<snip>

-Paul (pspeed@progeeks.com, http://www.progeeks.com/)