 Robotics / RCX / 31
Re: [OT] Feathers 'n Lead...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 03:40:38 GMT

I think so too. I remember seeing some footage of a feather and a hammer? • being
dropped by an astronaut on the moon's surface. They both hit the ground at
the same time, which proves to mee that even a single feather is as heavy • as
a hammer, so I could assume that a HUGE 25 lb bag of feathers weighs even • MORE
than a bag of lead.

the dropping of the objects on the moon was to prove that when 2 objects are
dropped from the same height in an environment with little or no friction
they will hit the ground at the same time.  both bags weigh the same, one is
more bulky and due to size will have a greater inertia because of the energy
needed to move it, both will require the same ammount of work.

course i don't remember the work units or formulas anymore so i may have a
few things off....

Of course, you actually have to believe that they landed men on the moon in • the
first place...

belief is a strong thing...  of course we all choose what we are going to
believe in....

m.