 Robotics / 5448
Re: wireless camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 17:39:28 GMT

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Chris Phillips wrote:
   This might not be exactly what you think it is.  My understanding of X-10
is that this home automation standard piggybacks its data signals over the
AC electrical wiring in your house.  Any two appliances that are connected
to AC power can look for this digital info as a slight ripple on top of the
AC power.

Newer X-10 stuff can work via the 2.4ghz RF band as well.  Their
firecracker product (which I have) does exactly this.  It comes with
4 pieces: a 2.4ghz remote, a 2.4ghz transmitter for your PC, a 2.4ghz
receiver/lamp controller that you plug into the wall, and another lamp
controller.  The lamp controller with the intergrated receiver can
get signals from either of the transmitters (remote, PC) and send it
along to wired X10 products.

I believe that most of the wireless video products that x10.com is
selling are really made by the company that sells the WaveCom Jr and
Sr.  These have been around for a while, and are analog 2.4ghz
devices that send NTSC video and stereo audio.  They used to be
available from Radio Shack.

alex