 Robotics / 5441
Re: wireless camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 23:23:41 GMT

First, sorry about that double post.  I tabbed and hit enter, and I'm using
a web browser, a fancy super futuristic program which can't make a tab
when you hit the tab key.

Secondly, I'm pretty positive this thing is wireless rather than over
electrical wires, and it definitely looks directional (already has
parabolic trans. and receiver antennae.)

Thirdly, this might be too big for some people, the transmitter is about
5 inches wide and 5 inches tall.  I don't know how heavy it is.  The
transmitter by itself is 75 bucks, so you might want to interface it
with a TV camera you already have (or find one used, cheaper?)  If you
have room for a 5x5 transmitter, you might have room for a larger cam.
If you have a webcam or digital camera, it might already be able to provide
NTSC out.  Anything which hooks to a tuner card in your computer provides
NTSC out.

Lastly, I can still get to the "Buy" page (didn't have any trouble loading
that one:) so maybe the deal is still active.

                                                             -Scott