 Robotics / 5368
Re: Problems with RCX, ROBOLAB and Macintosh
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 05:44:44 GMT

Don't feel unwelcome....

Mac/Mindstorms users are a minority.  The Wintel crowd will take an
occasional pot-shot, but what does it matter?  In fact, I interpreted
Michael's comment to be a joking comment rather than an "attack".  More
along the lines of: "doctor it hurts when I raise my arm"... "then don't
raise your arm".

As a side note...

NQC is developed almost completely on a Mac.  Even the Win version of it
is built under MacOS then tested under VirtualPC.  Everytime someone
thanks me for creating NQC, they are also indirectly thanking Apple for
the Mac.  Its hard to praise an artist's work and still criticize his
choice of tools (1).

Dave

(1)   Does this mean I think Mac is perfect for everyone?  No.  Mac is
good for me.  Win is good for others.  Fine.  Let's get back to playing
with Lego.

In article <3767B0B7.EC8DC80B@earthlink.net>, kevcarl@earthlink.net wrote:

Gee, I joined this list hoping there would be some good suggestions, not
anti-Mac sentiment. Gotta say, makes me feel a bit unwelcome.

-Kevin

Michael Aaron Finch wrote:

Maybe u should stop using a Mac!  : )

--