 Robotics / 4632
RE: My ultimate project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 17:37:33 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, rhempel@bmts.com (Ralph Hempel) writes:
Yes, this could be interesting, but where do you draw the line? Are
we going to see hordes of bionically enhanced gerbils strapped to
acrobots that flip everytime the gerbil nuzzles a touch sensor?

Or a legion of parakeets strapped to Extreme Creature flying gizmos
that can drop pointy bits of LEGO on unsuspecting cats?

Yes, where indeed do we draw the line? A question that I'm sure will
be debated at length in Geneva next year...

StairMaster™ and Step-Aerobics for Fluffy the Hamster, with 27 tunnel
courses to choose from!

FoodFrenzy™ food dish monitor for Catso the lazy feline, with programmable
activity alarms!  (Requires LEGO expansion set #9731, the digital color
camera.)  Can be multiplexed with aquarium and parakeet monitors.

BoneRaider™ for Fido the enterprising Terrier!  Sneaks into backyards around
the neighborhood and digs up neighbordogs' bones.  (Requires multiple copies
of LEGO expansion set #9736, Exploration Mars.)

BoneRaider™ Bruiser for Fifi the disgruntled Samoyed!  Hunts down marauding
BoneRaider™ exploration vehicles and reprograms them via IR, converting them
into BoneRaider Bruisers.

Encyclopaedia Rodentia™ for Darth Slither the Monitor Lizard!  Nutrition
ratings, calorie counts, digestion timetables, girth optimization.

PelletOrganizer™ for Tucker the Rat!  Sorts and retrieves pellets by size,
shape, and grain.  Automatically rejects attempts to store perishable foods
such as strawberries, but allows food which will dry nicely, such as
carrots.

--Todd