 Robotics / 4620
4619  |  4621
Subject:
My ultimate project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 22:29:57 GMT

I've been thinking (probably too much) about my ultimate project, and I had this wildest idea I remember never having in a lot of years...

All my bots are stupid. I know that I don't have the power to make them intelligent, so I'm condemned to build stupid bots.
The only intelligence in my bots is mine and they do what I want (most of the time), so there's no surprise in anything they do.
What about if the intelligence wasn't mine? It wouldn't be interesting to see what another intelligence would do?
Another intelligence... intelligence... my dog? Nahhh, too big. The gold fish? too wet ... what about the turtle!?!?

And then it struck me!! What about creating a bionic enhancement to my turtle!? She's about 15 cm long, just the right size. I would strap her gently to the bot, put a couple of touch sensors under it's feet and a touch sensor in a forward bumper. Then, each time she wants to walk she moves the feet and the track on that side would move accordingly to her movements.
I could create a program that would drive the bot very gently and with an auto-reverse feature if bumps into a wall. She doesn't even need a helmet because she hides the head at the least sign of danger. (]:)
And maybe, just maybe she can learn to drive the bot and start behaving normal, like if it was a bionic implant! :-)
An ultimate project I can build... Somebody stop me please!! =:-o

PS: Don't worry about the turtle. Her safety and well-being is my highest priority. :-)
Besides, I probably will never build the bot anyway, and that's why I call it my ultimate project.

Any other wild ideas? :-)

Laurentino Martins

[mailto:lau@mail.telepac.pt]
[http://www.terravista.pt/Enseada/2808/]