 Robotics / 4624
Re: My ultimate project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 14:53:31 GMT

This is the most original, "alternative" and funniest project with RCX I ever
heard of.

Go on please... and keep us up to date :-)))

Mario

In lugnet.robotics, Laurentino Martins writes:
I've been thinking (probably too much) about my ultimate project, and I had • this wildest idea I remember never having in a lot of years...

All my bots are stupid. I know that I don't have the power to make them • intelligent, so I'm condemned to build stupid bots.
The only intelligence in my bots is mine and they do what I want (most of the • time), so there's no surprise in anything they do.
What about if the intelligence wasn't mine? It wouldn't be interesting to see • what another intelligence would do?
Another intelligence... intelligence... my dog? Nahhh, too big. The gold fish? • too wet ... what about the turtle!?!?

And then it struck me!! What about creating a bionic enhancement to my
turtle!? She's about 15 cm long, just the right size. I would strap her gently
to the bot, put a couple of touch sensors under it's feet and a touch sensor in
a forward bumper. Then, each time she wants to walk she moves the feet and the
track on that side would move accordingly to her movements.
I could create a program that would drive the bot very gently and with an
auto-reverse feature if bumps into a wall. She doesn't even need a helmet
because she hides the head at the least sign of danger. (]:)
And maybe, just maybe she can learn to drive the bot and start behaving • normal, like if it was a bionic implant! :-)
An ultimate project I can build... Somebody stop me please!! =:-o

PS: Don't worry about the turtle. Her safety and well-being is my highest • priority. :-)
Besides, I probably will never build the bot anyway, and that's why I call it • my ultimate project.

Any other wild ideas? :-)

Laurentino Martins

[mailto:lau@mail.telepac.pt]
[http://www.terravista.pt/Enseada/2808/]