 Robotics / 303
Re: Mindstorms (more than just robotics?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 18:06:51 GMT

lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Tonya Witherspoon) wrote:

My students wrote a webpage about our first after school workshop. It is very
rudimentary compared to all of your technical posts. The children had a ball
and learned quite a deal.
http://members.aol.com/swspoon/Fouras/robotics.html

Nice site... questions and a nit.

Q: what are the ages of your students?
Q: how big of a group did you have, (just Derek,  Benny,
Andrew,                                Alex, and Adam, or was it more )
Q: did you do this as an individual learning project, or was the whole
class involved?
Q: if the whole class, did you have multiple groups running at once?
Q: How much time per day was spent on this? (that is, how long were the
after school workshops?)
Q: how did you do the animations? They're cute!
Q: did you work from a structured lesson plan or just kind of wing it?
Q: how did you divide up the tasks and responsibilities? the site talks
about WE a lot, was that the kids with you just doing hints? Did you
build the bots and let them program, etc?

Nit: don't forget to credit Todd's bricks. (they're my favorite color, I
use dark blue on my site too) Feel free to steal the way I did my
disclaimer page...

I am not a teacher but I'd love to try to get my kids classes to do
this... I ask all the detail in order to sell it to their teachers.

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.