 Robotics / 299
Re: Mindstorms (more than just robotics?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 15:35:45 GMT

In a message dated 11/6/98 8:46:45 AM Central Standard Time,
lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com writes:

<< If you want to discuss 'LEGO side instead of hacking' in here, please just
do so.

I enjoy reading some of the technical letters but all of it is way over my
head.  I joined this list to get more information on building and programming
with Mindstorms with the purchased software and without tearing my RCX apart.
I keep waiting for that thread of conversation to start but since it hasn't
I'll give it a shot.
*************************************
I teach gifted technology and computers.  My school does not have the budget
for Robolab so I purchased Mindstorms myself hoping that I could use it in the
classroom and my students would be so excited that I could convince my
principal or the PTA that Robolab would be a good purchase.

My students wrote a webpage about our first after school workshop. It is very
rudimentary compared to all of your technical posts. The children had a ball
and learned quite a deal.
http://members.aol.com/swspoon/Fouras/robotics.html

Is anyone else out there using Mindstorms to teach children building and
programing skills?  Do you have any ideas you would like to share?

Tonya Witherspoon
Wichita, Kansas
OK Elementary