 Robotics / 299
  Re: Mindstorms (more than just robotics?)

In a message dated 11/6/98 8:46:45 AM Central Standard Time, lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com writes: << If you want to discuss 'LEGO side instead of hacking' in here, please just do so. >> I enjoy reading some of the technical letters but all of it is (...) (26 years ago, 6-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorms (more than just robotics?)

(...) I'm about to teach my son (9 years old) using Mindstorms as a starting point. I may move on to NQCC quite rapidly (as programming with variables strikes me as rather limiting). So far I have no ideas! We'll see how it goes... Cheers, Ben. (26 years ago, 6-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorms (more than just robotics?)

(...) Q: what are the ages of your students? Q: how big of a group did you have, (just Derek, Benny, Andrew, Alex, and Adam, or was it more ) Q: did you do this as an individual learning project, or was the whole class involved? Q: if the whole (...) (26 years ago, 6-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorms (more than just robotics?)

(...) While not in an official teaching capacity, I'm using Mindstorms to introduce programming concepts to the 13 year old girl in my home. She worked through the Mindstorm tutorials on the CD and then immediately wanted to stop following the CD (...) (26 years ago, 6-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorms (more than just robotics?)

(...) I'm curious. What does she think of the programming environment? It she strugging to figure out how to use it and get it to do the things she wants? Or is she struggling because the programming environment is limited? I'm wondering because I (...) (26 years ago, 6-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorms (more than just robotics?)

In message <199811062316.PAA085...ford.EDU>, Kekoa Proudfoot <kekoa@Graphics.Stanford.EDU> writes (...) Feedback from a 10-year old (entirely his own words including e-mail shouting!) ---...--- I personally like the programming, but, there is a (...) (26 years ago, 7-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorms (more than just robotics?)

(...) Meaning that it abandons it in the middle? (I don't have Windows, so I can't try it). Geoff Seel wrote: (...) ...so you think it's easier to let people walk right into synchronisation bugs and learn the hard way? (...) Well, defintion can't (...) (26 years ago, 7-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorms (more than just robotics?)

In article <RP0jfKAw2BR2Ew7K@gs...on.co.uk>, Geoff Seel <geoffs@gseel.demon.co.uk> writes (...) Is that while building the stacks on screen, or when executing them in the 'bot? In other words, are you saying the 'bot won't multitask? (26 years ago, 7-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorms (more than just robotics?)

(...) I believe the behavior is that the old stack only stops if it is the other stack hanging off a particular sensor watcher. But I'm not positive on this. And I'm not sure whether or not duplicating the sensor watcher and splitting the left and (...) (26 years ago, 7-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorms (more than just robotics?)

Several replies in one go to avoid multiple messages In message <jCKx2LBVjJR2EwcJ@ph...on.co.uk>, Peter Hesketh <pbh@phesk.demon.co.uk> writes (...) It appears that if a sensor gets reactivated before its stack has completed the current execution of (...) (26 years ago, 8-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)