 Robotics / 25659
Re: It's awfully quiet in here
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 23:24:42 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Mike Walters wrote:
This is kind of eerie.  The final days of the MDP selection process has turned
the robotics board into a ghost town.  I expect a flurry of activity as soon as
everybody has officially learned their results.

One other possibility is that there are lots of people who are unable to post.
I thought I had been banned or something, because I went from being to post fine
to having my posts never authorized about a month ago.  Fortunately, I found a
thread on the administrative board that cleared things up for me:

http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=13314

Basically, the method of putting an "X" in the authorization e-mail and sending
the reply is not working for some of us (a lot?).  Instead we have to use the
link provided in the e-mail.  When I finally figured that out, I had 4 posts
still waiting for authorization!  It makes me wonder how many people have just
given up because they couldn't figure out why their posts weren't ever showing
up.

But, I think the current "eerie silence" is mostly due to the MDP process.  I
sure hope those who were chosen can make SOME public disclosures about what they
are doing, or the board could remain pretty quiet.

Mike

Mike,

  Like Brian, I've been out of town.  I typically post most often in technic,
but I read robotics and have been posting here since being invited to be a MUP
2.

  I've been very busy documenting the programming language for the NXT to help
the MDPer's get up to speed faster.

  It takes a fair amount of time to do this, as they tools go through minor
revisions.

  I was amazed and impressed at the amount of traffic the NXT and its
sub-culture the MDP topics produced.  Very cool.

  I'd guess that this is the calm before the storm.  At some point we will no
longer be constrained by NDA and we can tell stories and talk in great detail.

  Until then I'm back to being face down in power point.

Kevin