 Robotics / 25658
25657  |  25659
Subject:
RCX 1.0 Button Cleaning ...??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 22:39:02 GMT

Hi Folks,

I need help from someone who has dissembled an RCX.  I have looked at the
assembly pictures (elsewhere) but they're no help.

My 'On-Off' button is flaky.  My first thought was to remove the batteries, then
the 4 phillips-head screws and (hopefully) the yellow top would come off,
exposing the switch contacts, which I would gently bend upward and clean with an
eraser.

Is that a reasonable expectation?

Thanks, Jerry