 Robotics / 25773
Re: RCX 1.0 Button Cleaning ...??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 17:55:49 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Robert G Fay wrote:

http://www.ozbricks.com/bobfay/rcx.htm

Bob Fay, thanks again for your 'tutorial' on how to do maintenance (clean the
contacts) on the RCX.  I followed it and was ...successful.

Tools required:  A No. 1 Phillips screwdriver and a small-bladed pocket knife.

The cleaning solution was a small bottle of Audio/Video Deck cleaner (isopropyl
alcohol) purchased at Circuit City.

The principal prob was the on-off button.  You could actually see a round
discoloration at the PCB contact point, which the cleaner removed easily.

In your dissembly instructions you said to remove the PCB from the yellow top.
That was difficult ...because there are a dozen or so electrical grippers which
have to be eased off.  You don't see that until ...they're off.  Both the
dissembly and reassembly are a fiddle and takes some patience.

But, thanks to you, I have rescued a dead RCX.

Jerry