 Robotics / 24423
Re: New technique: three position piston control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 2 Oct 2005 11:18:05 GMT

I already have a paper design for a six legged walker with three leg groups using forward/mid/back leg sweeps (what a surprise!) It walks using a 9 step sequence. It only uses mid-stop on expansion, but not on contraction.

Please let me know what you think.

Kev

6 legs and 3 leg groups is a great idea!!

Interesting stuff! Should make walkers move more smoothly, with the possibility of more groups of legs. The trick will then be reversing all the groups, since it was easier with just two, using two polarity reversers.

I have a centre-stop mechanism for pneumatic steering for a JCB. It’s not part of an automatic system though, since I don’t yet have an application for that.

Does your centre stop cylinder stop accurately in the same place every time, even under different pressure conditions? I thought if you put a lot of source pressure into the cylinder it might overshoot the mid-point, whereas with low pressure it would creep up to it. Accurate repeatable positioning is one of the challenges of this scheme.

The center stop is not the same spot when expanding vs. decoration I did not try it at different pressures. I just pumped a hand pump as fast as I could to make the sequencer go.

I’ve not seen it overshoot the mid point.

I’ve think about overshooting the mid point and i don’t know sure but i think it will overshoot the mid point whan you link them in serie isn’t it?... and when you build it into a walking beast i think it whil need 2 cilinders don’t you?... and then you also can link those 2 to make a 3 position joint

Mark

Kevin

sigurd