 Technic / 14646
Re: New technique: three position piston control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 02:20:30 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Mark Bellis wrote:

<snip>

Interesting stuff!  Should make walkers move more smoothly, with the possibility
of more groups of legs.  The trick will then be reversing all the groups, since
it was easier with just two, using two polarity reversers.

I have a centre-stop mechanism for pneumatic steering for a JCB.  It's not part
of an automatic system though, since I don't yet have an application for that.

Was this single or dual piston?

Mark,
  Did I miss your answer on this?
Kev

Does your centre stop cylinder stop accurately in the same place every time,
even under different pressure conditions?  I thought if you put a lot of source
pressure into the cylinder it might overshoot the mid-point, whereas with low
pressure it would creep up to it.  Accurate repeatable positioning is one of the
challenges of this scheme.

Mark

Kevin