 Robotics / 20022
Re: I2C device for the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 04:15:14 GMT

But the biggest problem is that the START set-up, SCL low time and SCL high
time can’t go lower than 2ms. When I do make them lower that 2ms, the frames
get messed up. Could it be that the pulses, generated by the RCX, are not very
precise? I don’t have the tools to figure this out myself, so I hoped anyone
else knows this.
Also I’ve heard that this could be a problem whit BrickOS, that it is the
software which makes the pulses, and that this isn’t done very precisely. I

This actually seems to be some sort of 'combined' problem which results from
the brickOS-kernel doing task scheduling plus some ROM-internal functions
eating up some CPU-time.
I did some research on it and came up with a rather evil solution. Take a look
at http://lepomux.org/patch.html

sometimes the LCD gets loaded whit crap, or just isn’t updated anymore. The
rest of the RCX seems to work normal, downloading an running programs works. Is
this a problem whit my own programs(they do write a lot of stuff to the lcd,
and kind a fast too) or is this a known BrickOS bug?  (I use BrickOS 0.2.6.09)

Multitasking and msleep(1) sometimes don't seem to like each other. I've
already seen strange things happen in that case. Maybe someone should check.

Gunther