 Robotics / 20025
Re: I2C device for the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 11:23:42 GMT

Hum. i think my first post was not very clear( and whit some stupid mistakes)

I think you now how I2C works: there are to lines, SCL and SDA. so whit this
device, I got to sensor ports, one for SCL and one for SDA. making high and low
signals on the bus is done by switching the sensorport from active to passive
mode. I did not use any motor ports, so sorry for my first(unclear) post. Do
you also know something about these sensor ports?

Gunther Lemm wrote:
This actually seems to be some sort of 'combined' problem which results from
the brickOS-kernel doing task scheduling plus some ROM-internal functions
eating up some CPU-time.
I did some research on it and came up with a rather evil solution. Take a look
at http://lepomux.org/patch.html

well, same problem here, It looks very promising, but it is for motor outputs
do you think this also works for the sensor ports?

thanks for all the trouble,
bas