 Robotics / 17669
  Re: RCX Firmware Speed

Dick, Nice post, and an iteresting topic. My timings differ a little for v2.0 beta, but they are basically the same. My timings use an interal timer as do yours. My multi-task measurement shows that the 3mS framework does not apply to every (...) (22 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  New pbForth 2.1.0 (and firmware speed)

For everyone that has been interested in firmware speed over the last few days, I am ready to announce the latest version of pbForth. This version supports the USB tower under Windows!!!! (URL) An empty loop of 20,000 interations takes less than 1 (...) (22 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: New pbForth 2.1.0 (and firmware speed)

Thanks Ralph, this is great news. I just got the new USB tower, and considering my revived interest for pbForth your new version arrives really at the right time. What IMHO would really boost the spreading of pbForth, is the availability of some (...) (22 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Turning the RCX off and on again (was: New pbForth 2.1.0 (and firmware speed))

Mario, i'm interested in pbForth example scripts, too. Furthermore, the "supervisor" you suggested could be the answer to one of my questions in (URL) concerning turning the RCX off and on without loosing pbForth: 2) According to Knudsen, i have to (...) (22 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Turning the RCX off and on again (was: New pbForth 2.1.0 (and firmware speed))

(...) If you have the new version 2.1 the POWER-OFF word via terminal to shut off and the red button to power on works fine. If you have an earlier version (1.2x) you have to use the words RCX_INIT and POWER_INIT to initialize the brick and the (...) (22 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Turning the RCX off and on again (was: New pbForth 2.1.0 (and firmware speed))

(...) off (...) True. But I find not very practical to be forced to use the terminal to switch off the RCX or start the program again, expecially when you are attending a contest or take your robot to an exhibit. What I meant by "supervisor" is some (...) (22 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: Turning the RCX off and on again (was: New pbForth 2.1.0 (and firmware speed))

I need to look at some items for Joerg, but I'll also look at a small supervisor that integrates the View,Run,Prgm,and On/Off buttons. This hsould be pretty easy and would be a good bit of example code. Cheers, Ralph (22 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Turning the RCX off and on again (was: New pbForth 2.1.0 (and firmware speed))

For the Workshop3D Event I use the following construct, the button handling is from the book "Extreme Mindstorms": : main ( -- ) \ Main Task init \ do main initialize ( ... ) BEGIN ( ... ) BUTTON_SCAN BUTTON_RUN? IF ( ... ) \ Calibrating BEGIN ( ... (...) (22 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics.rcx)