 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 474
Re: Turning the RCX off and on again (was: New pbForth 2.1.0 (and firmware speed))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:45:33 GMT

For the Workshop3D Event I use the following construct, the button handling
is from the book "Extreme Mindstorms":

: main ( -- )  \ Main Task
  init  \ do main initialize
  ( ... )

  BEGIN
    ( ... )
    BUTTON_SCAN BUTTON_RUN?
    IF

      ( ... ) \ Calibrating

      BEGIN

        ( ... ) \ Bot Main Loop

        \ ask run button
        BUTTON_SCAN BUTTON_RUN?

      UNTIL
        \ motors off
        0 breaking leftM MOTOR_SET
        0 breaking rightM MOTOR_SET

    THEN
    BUTTON_ON?
    IF
      quit  \ here goes the Brick to Sleep
            \ and awakes here too
      init
      \ EXIT   \ comment out if you want to go to Console
    THEN
  AGAIN
;

The word quit make some things and calls POWER-OFF.

With this words you can handle the RCX only with buttons.
But I think too a "supervisor" in the ForthSystem would be a good completion.

Cheers
Joerg