 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 471
Re: Turning the RCX off and on again (was: New pbForth 2.1.0 (and firmware speed))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:04:30 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, Christian Suess writes:
  a) Is there any way to stop and restart pbForth on the RCX without
the
  need to download pbForth each time?

If you have the new version 2.1 the POWER-OFF word via terminal to shut off
and the red button to power on works fine.

If you have an earlier version (1.2x) you have to use the words RCX_INIT and
POWER_INIT to initialize the brick and the power system correctly. Then give
RCX-SHUTDOWN and then POWER_OFF and the brick sleeps a very deep sleep.
To wakeup press the red power button and you have nearly the same state like
before power off. Now you have to send again the whole init sequence
(RCX_INIT, POWER_INIT and so on).

In the new version the INIT_xxxx commands are obsolete and unknown.

HTH and Best Regards
Joerg