 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 472
Re: Turning the RCX off and on again (was: New pbForth 2.1.0 (and firmware speed))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 12:07:00 GMT

"Joerg Pohl" <jpohl@gmx.net> writes:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, Christian Suess writes:
  a) Is there any way to stop and restart pbForth on the RCX without
the
  need to download pbForth each time?

If you have the new version 2.1 the POWER-OFF word via terminal to shut • off
and the red button to power on works fine.

True. But I find not very practical to be forced to use the terminal to
switch off the RCX or start the program again, expecially when you are
attending a contest or take your robot to an exhibit. What I meant by
"supervisor" is some code to include in any program, which is in charge to
monitor the buttons and behave in a way similar to what the standard
firmware does. For example, the green button would start/stop the robot,
that is executing or not the code which performs the specific actions the
robot is designed for. The red button would switch off the RCX, *without*
terminating the program, so as when it's pressed again the robot is alive
and ready to be started (with the green button) without any need of a
terminal. Finally, another button (View or Program) would actually terminate
the program returning control to the interpreter.

Mario