 Robotics / 16760
Re: Home-made One-way valve
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 03:29:37 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Jennifer Clark writes:
In lugnet.robotics, Soh Chio Siong writes:
For those who are willing to dismember their Legos, here's how to make
your own one-way valve from the hand pump:
http://www.geocities.com/cssoh1/cpedia/1wvalve.htm

Very interesting, I am looking forward to seeing some more of this home made
stuff. You say it is not possible to use an air tank in the old style
circuit, but would it work with two air tanks, one on the high pressure hose
and the other on the vaccuum hose, between the pneumatic "diode" and valve?

Difficult to regulate though - as the same pump affects both. When the high
pressure one is full & low pressure one needs pumping, it'll keep adding
pressure to both (one outside, one inside). You'd have to have some kind of
pressure release valve in both lines.

Unless you use 2 pumps, of course. But then you need 2 "diodes", and 2 feedback
loops, too.

ROSCO