 Robotics / 16929
Re: motorized pnuematic valve
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 00:50:30 GMT

Hi, this is my first post on a LEGO newsgroup, so.. ah...  I'm a newbie I
guess :)

but... theres still the
problem of flipping the valve every time... maybe it could be motorized and
then all you have to do is pump the compressor at the same speed the valve
moves. would this work on the non return valve, as I do not have one it is
kind of hard to test this :)

..::JARED::..

http://ztechracing.z-tech.org/ben/pnuematic.avi (file size ~ 2 mb)

That was my biggest obstacle making this little motorized pump.  The parts
used to connect the motor to the valve are kind of complicated, but the
valve axis is perfectly lined up with the motor axis.  Anyway,  I used some
old style pneumatic pumps.  What originally got me back into LEGOs again
(after 8 or so years) was trying to create this with the old 4.5v motors.  I
bought the 9V powerpack set and eventually came up with this.  I thought it
was rather neat.  Do the new pneumatic pumps have an easier way to set it
this type of system up?  I'm contemplating whether or not to buy the
powerpack or a set that comes with the new pneumatics.  What do you guys think?

-Ben