 Robotics / 16646
Re: VB and the IR tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 20:23:36 GMT

hi Ryan,

You can do it either through the spirit.ocx or just by sending the bytes to the
IR tower.
Both methods are quiet straight forward. I used both methods for the serial
port  in Delphi (which looks a lot like VB) and found that spirit.ocx is badly
documented and a number of features don't work at all (events will never occur).
So I've decided to continue with the normal serial communication, which works
perfect.
Look at the site of John Hansen (he wrote a Delphi unit called Fakespirit), it
was on this group a few days ago.

You can find a lot of information
  http://www.crynwr.com/lego-robotics/
also some on mine site

http://baserv.uci.kun.nl/~smientki/Lego_Knex/Lego_electronica/Data_acquisition.htm

Further serach on the following 2 newsgroups:
  lugnet.robotics.rcx
  lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc

Ryan Humes wrote:

I've been trying to figure out how to communicate with the RCX using the IR
tower through a VB program.  Does anyone out there know how this can be done
with Visual Basic.  I have a serial tower if that makes a difference.
Thanks...

regards, Stef Mientki