 Robotics / 16621
Re: accu pack with rcx
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 12:00:38 GMT

Horst Lehner wrote:
I am not sure whether the alkaline batteries will like the external voltage
applied to them. If not, your RCX is in immediate danger, because they may
explode or leak. Trying to charge the accumulators with the alkaline
batteries in place will worsen the issue.

Would LEGO let you do that? Probably not.

I've had no trouble running the RCX off a 12v DC supply from a
transformer, with the batteries in. The RCX has great power supply
circuitry.

- Jacob

--
"Terminak #3 has bad keyboard. Pkease fix."