 Robotics / 16270
Re: SHRIMP power
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 12:07:15 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Brian Alano writes:
OK, I (finally) have a SHRIMP platform which doesn't tear itself apart. Now to
the problem of power. The problem is that I don't have enough, of course. Have
any of the other SHRIMP builders encountered this?

No power would be gained in splitting the motors between two output ports,
right? (Not that I have the ports to spare, anyway.)

Brian,

My shrimp building has been on hold do to a move, but I was having a similar
power issue.  Splitting the motors between outputs helped.  I believe the
outputs are current limited (or thermal limited).