 Robotics / 16278
RE: SHRIMP power
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 17:49:06 GMT

I think most R/C car batteries are 9.6 volts? If that is the case, then it
would make an ideal power source. The motor amplifier/booster
brick is safe
at this voltage. I wouldn't recommend running the Lego motors much above
this voltage however, since they are only designed for 9 volts.

Radio Shack also sells a 7.2V RC car battery pack...

I have been using NiMH AA batteries myself in the Lego battery packs, but
they only struggle up to just over 7 volts which leads to
somewhat less than stella performance.

Q. What is a "stella" performance?
A. Marlon Brando in "A Streetcar Named Desire"

Cheers, Ralph Hempel

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbForth>

Buy "Extreme Mindstorms: an Advanced Guide to Lego Mindstorms"
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1893115844/hempeldesigngrou>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com