 Robotics / 16277
Re: SHRIMP power
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 17:29:31 GMT

I think most R/C car batteries are 9.6 volts? If that is the case, then it
would make an ideal power source. The motor amplifier/booster brick is safe
at this voltage. I wouldn't recommend running the Lego motors much above
this voltage however, since they are only designed for 9 volts.

I believe Digikey sells the required connector (WM2308/09) plus associated
crimp pins. It would be quite straight forward to make a Lego to R/C car
battery converter wire by snipping a Lego wire in half and attaching the
mating end for the battery connector. (I've been using the very short Lego
wires that came with the Znap sets for these kinds of adapter wire things.)

I have been using NiMH AA batteries myself in the Lego battery packs, but
they only struggle up to just over 7 volts which leads to somewhat less than
stella performance.

JB

ps: Thanks, Elijah, for increasing the visibility of ( read: shamelessly
plugging ;) our web site!