 Robotics / 16276
Re: SHRIMP power
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 16:41:16 GMT

On Mon, 2001-10-08 at 21:59, Brian B. Alano wrote:
OK, I (finally) have a SHRIMP platform which doesn't tear itself apart. Now to
the problem of power. The problem is that I don't have enough, of course. Have
any of the other SHRIMP builders encountered this?

Heh...ayup, six driving motors plus two steering motors takes a lot of
juice. The solution to all our woes is here:

http://www.hitechnicstuff.com/Motoramp.htm

Including the issue of free motor ports. Now, there is still the issue
of burning through batteries, and thoguh I haven't explored it yet, I am
hoping that the motor amp will handle a r/c car type battery of the
correct voltage...I wonder whom I could ask?

Oh yeah, this is not a paid promotional announcement. :o)

Elijah