 Robotics / 16220
  Rokenstorms - A Rokenbok/Mindstorms frankenstein monster

In case anyone is interested, I've put together a web site detailing how I disassembled a Rokenbok vehicle in order to build a radio control module for Mindstorms. The interesting coincidence is the Rokenbok circuit board is 7x11 (in lego (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Rokenstorms - A Rokenbok/Mindstorms frankenstein monster

(...) Wow. That Roks! er... Rocks! Very nice. I like the (theoretical?) reversability of it as well. (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GKCnIq.A63@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks! I'm glad you noticed the built in reversability in the design. Yes, part of the idea of making socket connectors rather than soldering Lego (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Rokenstorms - A Rokenbok/Mindstorms frankenstein monster

(...) for (...) Cool! Can you give me an idea of how much is for a Rokenbok starter set? Thanks. Mario (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics)

"Mario Ferrari" <mario.ferrari@edis.it> wrote in message news:GKD90n.5Cu@lugnet.com... (...) The least expensive option is the Pump Station Starter Set. It costs $99 and is available at most Toys R Us (also online). It comes with the base RF module (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Rokenstorms - A Rokenbok/Mindstorms frankenstein monster

(...) That's kinda neat, but I'm not sure how Mindstorms is involved. You didn't do anything that involves the RCX or the sensors that hook to it. Motors are available in lots of sets and Mindstorms is not required to get motors. Also, is the motor (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Rokenstorms - A Rokenbok/Mindstorms frankenstein monster

This raises some questions. I've seen those Rokenbok setups in the stores many times, and find them pretty neat. I never figured out how the vehicles are powered. Do they just take AA batteries, or do they use rechargables? I also didn't see any (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics)

"Chris Osborn" <fozztexx@pez.fullsystem.com> wrote in message news:GKDsD9.MxJ@lugnet.com... (...) Sorry I wasn't clear on that detail. This web page is meant to describe how to build a module that can be used with the RCX. I haven't yet written up (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics)

"Tilman Sporkert (webMethods)" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:NBBBJMHNNJPIKOM...ods.com... (...) vehicles (...) The vehicles normally take 3 AA's, but I've been able to continuously power the module for hours via a 9V lego battery (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics)