 Robotics / 16235
Re: Rokenstorms - A Rokenbok/Mindstorms frankenstein monster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 03:49:43 GMT

"Chris Osborn" <fozztexx@pez.fullsystem.com> wrote in message
That's kinda neat, but I'm not sure how Mindstorms is involved. You
didn't do anything that involves the RCX or the sensors that hook to
it. Motors are available in lots of sets and Mindstorms is not
required to get motors.

Sorry I wasn't clear on that detail.  This web page is meant to describe how
to build a module that can be used with the RCX.  I haven't yet written up
the descriptions of any Mindstorms vehicles I've built which combines the
RCX's sensors and other motors along with it.  I'm still working on that.
The hope of this initial web page was that other people might also have
ideas of how they could make their own module and combine the radio control
features with Mindstorms.

For example, my soccer playing vehicle currently under development uses one
RCX motor output to power the Rokenbok module.  A human does the actual
driving. The sensors on the RCX are used to detect when the ball is in a
gripping claw and then an RCX motor will then pull the ball into another
position ready for shooting.

Also, is the motor output from the Rokenbok circuit board 9 volts, or
is it less?

I don't currently have access to a volt meter, so I'm not sure.  I plan on
picking one up this weekend, so I'll let you know once I find out.

Regards,

-brian