 Robotics / 16034
Re: bushing (bush) question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 22:37:49 GMT

"Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> writes:

Note also that Type 1 & 2 are also slightly wider than a smooth 1/2
bush - about half the thickness of a tooth wider.

No, I've found that all the half bushes share the same width: 1/2 stud.

Two of them butted together (tooth side) is exactly the same width
as 2 smooths (or a single full bush).

Again, I've found that two old style half bushes together (with the
tooth side facing each other), are _narrower_ than a full bush (or two
smooth bushes).  They are narrower by the thickness of the teeth.

The configuration with two old style bushes together is used in the
8459 Front Loader to secure the wheel axles.  By using two, more
rigidty is achieved.  Plus, since they are narrower than one stud,
they don't imply any extra friction on the axles.

Fredrik