 Robotics / 15990
15989  |  15991
Subject:
bushing (bush) question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 21:10:34 GMT

(I never thought about this until just now, I know these things as
"bushings" and they are listed as "bush", which only now seems
appropriate when they are activly in service, as opposed to sitting in a
bin. If I had an www.oed.com account I would have looked into the
etymology. At any rate, I am going to use "bushing" because the other
looks too odd to my american eyes and threatens to toss the whole post
into a riot of double-entendre.)

So, there are 3 types of 1/2 bushing:

smooth
http://img.lugnet.com/ld/4265c.gif

type 1
http://img.lugnet.com/ld/4265a.gif

type 2
http://img.lugnet.com/ld/4265b.gif

Can anyone tell me why I would want type 1 vs. type 2? Are type 1
functionally different or just the a first try? Also, anyone have an
idea why they dropped all the toothing I see on older pieces?

Thanks,
Elijah