 Robotics / 15999
Re: bushing (bush) question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 05:48:48 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Bram Lambrecht writes:
[...]
Type 2 is newer, probably because the Type 1's were too hard to take off the
axle.  I've noticed that most of my loose Type 1's have a hairline fracture
on one side.

I think this is correct.  I once built the "Aliens" type walker,
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/8000/8891/8891-058.html .  I used
Type 2 originally and found that after the thing would walk a few meters
one of the legs would pop off.  Didn't have that problem when I switched
to Type 1s.

as evah,

John C.

[...]