 Robotics / 15493
15492  |  15494
Subject:
quad motor board for JCX (with Lego connectors) is out and works
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 20:29:35 GMT

Here are photos and schematics of our quad motor driver board for Legos and
other small DC motors:

http://jcx.systronix.com/techdata.htm

This board has been tested and is currently running a couple of MindStorms
robots. We expect it to be featured in a keynote demonstration at JavaOne,
the first week in June.

Note that the output connectors are precision-machined brass buttons which
accept standard Lego connectors (one shown attached). Also provided are
screw terminals and .025" square posts.

We had a few hundred of the brass studs machined for our internal prototype
use. If there is  interest in our JCX cards and/or the studs we can get a
much better price (some cents each we think) if we have several thousand
machined. (These first 320 cost us $2 each!)

Thanks

Bruce Boyes
------- WWW.SYSTRONIX.COM ----------
  Real embedded Java and much more