 Robotics / 15035
Re: Battery Tests
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 08:38:21 GMT

"Micah J. Mabelitini" wrote:

Ahui Herrera wrote:

Has anyone done any battery tests to determine which brand of battery last
longer in an RCX?  I have a demo at work early next month that will be an
8-hour show in which people can come up to our booth and play with several
robots we have via the LEGO remote control and push buttons.  I am wondering
how many batteries I need to purchase and if there is a differnce in the
following:

1) Duracel
2) Engerizer
3) Engerizer Titaium
4) Engerizer Photo Litium

My gut tells me to go with Engerizer Titaium as I have used this brand for
many years now and have been happy with them.  Duracel suscks IMOP.  I have
never put any batteries in my RCX as I have been lucky to only use the AC
adapter and not worry the battery hogs that I have heard the RCXs are. Any
help would be appreciated.

Although I've made no empirical tests, I've had the best results with
Duracell Ultra in the RCX. I've never used Energizer Titaniums in an RCX
before, but I have used them in a pair of Motorola T6300 two-way FRS
radios, and noticed no significant difference between them and standard Energizers.

I have used Titaniums in my RCX, and they perform noticeably *worse* than regular
Energizer.  I have had great success and battery life using Rayovac Alkalines, running
motors for 2 hours with no problem.  I think that Duracells performed a little worse.

Andy

--

Regards

Micah J. Mabelitini - LUGNET #918 - accutron@kih.net
The University of Kentucky - SECC Middlesboro ASRC
http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/brickdreams/
http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/rcxbug/

--
See my Visual Interface for leJOS at http://lvi.sourceforge.net