 Robotics / 15033
    Battery Tests —Ahui Herrera
   Has anyone done any battery tests to determine which brand of battery last longer in an RCX? I have a demo at work early next month that will be an 8-hour show in which people can come up to our booth and play with several robots we have via the (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Battery Tests —Micah J. Mabelitini
     (...) Although I've made no empirical tests, I've had the best results with Duracell Ultra in the RCX. I've never used Energizer Titaniums in an RCX before, but I have used them in a pair of Motorola T6300 two-way FRS radios, and noticed no (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Battery Tests —Andy Gombos
     (...) I have used Titaniums in my RCX, and they perform noticeably *worse* than regular Energizer. I have had great success and battery life using Rayovac Alkalines, running motors for 2 hours with no problem. I think that Duracells performed a (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Battery Tests —Tim Hatch
     (...) regular (...) Alkalines, running (...) little worse. I had similar results with a CD player and E2's. Standard NiCds lasted longer than the E2's! Tim ----- Original Message ----- From: Andy Gombos <gombos_2000@yahoo.com> To: (...) (23 years ago, 12-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Battery Tests —Steve Baker
     (...) That can happen - but the NiCd's are lower voltage (1.2 versus 1.5) - so no all battery operated devices are happy with them. Also, NiCd's have to be treated carefully and 'deep-discharged' or else they succumb to the 'memory effect' which (...) (23 years ago, 15-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Battery Tests —Tom Heverly
     How long will a NiMH hold a charge if not used? If they completly dischard, will they be harmed by recharging? I read in the new popular science that someone came out with a 1 hour recharger for NiMH. (...) I read in the new popular science that (...) (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Battery Tests —Steve Baker
      (...) I've heard people say that they discharge relatively quickly if not used - but that hasn't been my experience. I've had them sitting fully charged for a month or more - and then used them with no obvious problems. (...) Not AFAIK...it's not (...) (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Battery Tests, NiMH —Bruce Boyes Systronix
     (...) About a year ago we switched over to AA and AAA batteries from www.thomasdistributing.com, using the Maha MH-C204F fast charger. It also comes with a 12V car adapter. We use them for Palms, flashlights, portable phones, digital cameras, robot (...) (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Battery Tests —Tom Heverly
     I really cant make any comparison to batteries, ever since day one I've used Rayovac Rechargeable Alkalines. I bought two 4 packs for.. $6 each? and the recharger that only charges 4 at a time for another $8? I forget, bought it all around the (...) (23 years ago, 12-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Battery Tests —Peter Vogel
   The Unibots tested a bunch of different batteries in preparation for the Northern California State FLL tournament last December, without a doubt the Energizer e2 Lithium batteries (the kind in a blue package) outperformed all others, lasting through (...) (23 years ago, 12-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)