 Robotics / 1487
Re: Reply To header; Lego Mindstorms in stock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 20:55:29 GMT

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Bob Stern wrote:
alex wetmore wrote:

I do think that its too bad that this mailing list is set up with
Reply-To going to the list.  It makes it much more likely that private
replies will end up on the list, which means more unwanted traffic
for everyone.

Actually, the list is using an "In-Reply-To" header instead of a
"Reply To" header.  My email client, Eudora Pro 4.1, does not
recognize the "In-Reply-To" header.

I figured out what is going on.  Messages coming from lugnet (ie,
originally posted via the newsgroup) have a Reply-To header on
them.  Messages posted through the mailing list (such as this one)
don't.

that the reply is to.  Some email clients can use this to make
threaded views of folders (although none that I use).

I wish the list did have a "Reply To" header, because I think the
answers to most questions are of interest to many list subscribers,
so most replies should be posted to the list.

If someone wants to reply to everyone then they can hit the
"Reply to All" available on most email software.  The problem with
having a Reply-To on every message is that it makes it more
difficult then normal to send a private reply (you have to dig
and find the users email address, then reply and edit the To line
to point to them).

Many Learningsmith stores have them in stock.

I think that is the store that I was thinking of.

alex