 Robotics / 14835
Re: List software?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 17:13:30 GMT

Ken Hornstein wrote:

  What software runs this mailing list? I ask because I'd like to
find out what it would take to get it to put the ML address into
messages as the Reply-To address. I run a couple of lists myself
(using 7-line SED scripts) and it seems like this shouldn't be
difficult.
No no no no no no no!!!!
I ABSOLUTELY hate mailing lists that do that; it makes it near impossible
to reply just to the sender.

   In my experience, one wants to reply to the list more often
than just to the sender. Perhaps I'm wrong.

   In any case, anyone wishing to just reply to the sender
would remove the list address from their outgoing message, and
fill in the sender's address, the reverse of what one currently
does to reply to the whole list.

Chris - Xenon
--
  Chris Hanson | Xenon@3DNature.com | I've got friends in low latitudes!